background

Monday, October 18, 2010

light reading

I like to read. I love to read. Immersing myself in the story, oblivious to my surroundings is a favorite pasttime. I like to consider myself a reader of quality material. Even as an adult I revisit some of the classics of my youth, hoping to unfold new and exciting meaning from familiar or not so familiar stories.


Having children, more specifically boys, I find myself on a quest for reading material that will pull my young, male children into the exciting world of reading. Alas, it is not always that easy. So many books...so little time...and yet many books...not so great!


However, picture books have always held a special place in my heart. Not only the great story...but great ART! Two of my favorite things! It's hard for me not to find a picture book I don't like. And so my latest and greatest addition to a secret personal collection:

Ah, yes...I have a personal love affair with my beloved Skippyjon Jones. He and I met when B was in preschool and I have remained a HUGE fan ever since. I know...it is less than refined...it won't elevate my mind to spiritual heights...but dag-nab-it...it sure puts a smile on my face.

I love you Skippyjon...

No comments: