background

Thursday, November 26, 2009

new word

B is always coming up with new twists on old words. It makes me smile every time I hear him use these "new" words passionately!
B tends to be our dramatic one...I know...we can only figure out where he inherited the drama from. His favorite line to use when ever I ask him to clean up his toys is "I had a really hard day". This is delivered with the full downcast body language and sadness in his voice. Early in the game I had, of course, comforted him and asked him specifically about his day. Bingo! He now knew how to distract me...but it didn't last for long. My current response is, "I'm sorry, I know, I had a hard day too! Pick up your toys!"

Recently he has decided to try a new approach. When asked to do something A and I heard, rather emphatically, "Everyone wants to make me their SLAVE-IOR!" Yes, slave-ior...slave and savior. A and I busted up.
To be honest I feel like my family's slave-ior on a daily basis. It does however, tend to make me stop and think everytime I'm feeling overwhelmed with the day to day drudgery of running a house. Yes, at times I feel like a slave...but in truth at what point in my serving my family am I truly showing my Savior's love for my family. It can in fact change the posture of my heart when I'm feeling "slave-ish".

So to all the "slave-iors" out there keep up the good work. You may feel your work goes unnoticed...but us fellow "slave-iors" silently raise our hand to honor you!

P.S. I'm trying to come up with a good definition to submit to Webster's Dictionary for consideration of a new word. We'll see how far I get.

1 comment: