background

Thursday, December 4, 2008

LOST



No...not on a deserted island but rather our very first TOOTH! woo hoo! I can hardly believe it! Just last week the dentist pointed out that the tooth was beginning to show some movement. J caught on quickly and began talking about how he was going to eat an apple and the tooth would fall out....well, he's been working this tooth all week. The other night at dinner (mind you he was being quite uncooperative during meal time and very close to being punished) I asked him about his tooth...he wiggled it a bit with wide eyes at how much it was moving...I encouraged, "push it forward as far as you can!"...cautiously he moved it forward and lo and behold it popped right out. With a mixed look of fear, excitement and wonder as to whether or not blood would spew forth, he gently laid it on the dinner table while mommy is screaming..."I've got to get the camera!"



Mind you my poor husband was trying to eat and would have much preferred that I saved this drama for post dinner. (He had earlier admitted that the "loose tooth" thing made him a little squeamish...ooops) Nonetheless, I spent the rest of the meal glancing at my 6 year old and wondering where time flies. I even turned to my husband and asked, "Didn't we just bring him home from the hospital?"


The toothfairy did visit and J was compensated for this momentus occasion. Well, another milestone marked...I'm having one of those out of body experiences where time seems to be flying by at breakneck speed. Christmas in just a few weeks and then the new year is upon us. I'm afraid I'm going to blink and he'll be asking for his driver's liscense...oh boy...

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Your stories do ma hart good! Love you,

Papa J