background

Monday, August 24, 2009

1st day of school

(I wrote this post last week and didn't post it...why? I do not know..so here it is...belated..)

Here it is...another year of school upon us. As you can tell from the photos, the boys were pretty excited for the first day of school. B's photos are quite different from last year..in fact you actually see his face this time and he is smiling! It's amazing what one year of preschool will do for a child.
You also will notice that J is up to his same ol' silliness. No straight faces for him. The only way I can get a straight face is to sneak up on him and take him by suprise...this also means that I don't get a natural smile. Perhaps someday.

Following school they were all full of stories about their day. New friends were made, eating in the cafeteria for the first time for B and J is all excited about the fact that their first grade class has DESKS! no tables that have to be shared...like the other first grade class..shhhhh, we're not supposed to let on...appearantly Mr. S was able to negotiate some desks for his room...this is a very big deal. J even pointed out that there is a place to put your very OWN PENCIL on his desk and it won't roll away.

These are the small "wonders" that always put smile on my face. He was really, really excited about having a desk...oh and the fact that his take home folder is actually a BINDER...a real live binder with three rings and a zipper case so when I have to send $$$$$ it doesn't fall out!


B was equally excited about his shelf in music class. I asked him what he put on his shelf in music class but I couldn't exactly decifer what ended up being located on said music shelf. He did jumping jacks with Coach C and told me he was very, very good today! I think his excitement was getting lunch in the cafeteria...being able to select chocolate milk AND grape juice for lunch!

I must say that I thoroughly enjoy the first day of school as seen through my children's eyes. I'm excited for them to be able to go off for a brief moment into the world beyond our home. I'm thrilled to watch them interact with others, make friends, learn to respect other adults, become more independent. I'm enjoying every moment of their learning and growing!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: